Monday, December 26, 2005

Quick Review

Today was totally boring and uneventful. All I did was watch The Law of Ueki until 5am this morning and then slept till 1130am and got up and continued watching the show. Absolutely lazy and could not care less. Well, I sorta did some research on what I want to do next semester...bidding starts tmr morning! I think I am going to be in for a hell of a time man...I mean I have a feeling it's going to be like the first time..where everyone is going to clog up the system and then we'll all be disgusted and angry and unhappy and cursing and swearing and making fingers and disgusted and angry and unhappy and....well, you get the picture I guess. Anyway, here's what I think I will be gunning for next semester:

EL2101 Structure of Sentences and Meanings
EL2102 Structure of Sounds and Words
SC3219 Sexuality in Comparative Perspective
GEK1512 Understanding How the Internet Works (NO EXAM!)

I can't decide between GEK1049 Introduction to Narrative and EL2111 Historical Variation in English. I am not sure how heavy it is to take 3 EL modules in one semester. I really I don't want to end up overloading myself. So yeah...still having a little headache as to what to take. I think I will leave my last exposure to the later semesters so that I can take a breather if I need one. Well, I'm also thinking of minoring in Gender Studies too! We'll see what unfolds...I'll try do these for this semester. ^_^ (If anyone has anything that they feel they should let me know i.e. if any of the above modules may cause my 'death', please DO NOT hesistate to inform me..thanks!)

Okay, here's a short re-cap of X'mas week...

Yesterday was excellent! My relatives came over for a potluck lunch (it became dinner, but that's usually expected in my family...time STRETCHES...rubber-time as Mom calls it..haha). Let you all see some pictures!

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
Family eating together...hmm...but what did we eat you ask?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Roasted leg of lamb and potatoes! Done to perfection! Really!

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
Three different kinds of roasted meat, courtesy of my Grand-aunt Julia! (Oh, she brought achar too!) Damn nice and juicy and sweet and savoury and EVERYTHING! Fwah!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Smoked salmon, with creme cheese, dill, cucumbers and tomatoes...all between slices of wholemeal bread...SEDAP! A Danish specialty...or so Uncle Erik and Auntie Cheng says. Haha

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Stir-fried squid...a first time effort from Auntie Cheng...the sauce was a little strange, but the squid was cooked to perfection...so that's good.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com Rockmelon and sago...and the white stuff is ice-cream ok?! Blended with milk! Rich, decadent and absolutely sinful...made by Mom, so what do you expect?! Mwahaha...really really good. ^_^

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My FIRST plate sorta looks like this, after that, I kinda gave up and forgot about taking pictures of my 2nd, and 3rd plates! Hahaha...

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
Here you see the sandwich preparer (Auntie Cheng) and the master carver (Mom)! Ladies hard at work to present excellent homecooked food...家的感觉...I like... ^_^
==========================================================================================================


A few days before that I also had a Korean BBQ with these guys...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And a mahjong session at Ritchie's place!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Tiles like 'sai' lor...heh..and they don't play 七对子...totally un-fun! Hmph!
==========================================================================================================
And before I end off this post...I will leave you with more cuteness!



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: