Sunday, March 04, 2007

月圆之夜

Disclaimer: If you are prone to feeling extreme hunger after viewing pictures of good food, please do not scroll down any further...(I will put an ugly photo at the top, so that you still have a chance to 'escape'...hahaha)









Today is the last day of the Chinese New Year! Wheee...I had an absolutely fantastic lunch at home! Hahahaha...rocks sia..Dad cooked everything lah! And that is super rare, so I guess everything tasted better than usual.




Here we GO!!!



Mixed Vegetables and Mushrooms

Very 'light' dish..nothing too rich or extravagant. Good to balance all the rest of the rich, rich food...Heh.

Yu-sheng with no FISH! ^_^

Funky starting dish! We did yu-sheng with the following fruits and vegetables all shredded up (or..we can be ATAS and say julienned...heehee). Carrot, cucumber, jumbu, mango, papaya, pomelo, radish, crackers, sesame seeds, abalone, prawns, and everything was tossed together with a sweet sauce! Wheee! Excellent dish sia...very very hearty kinda yu-sheng. At the end of it all, we were all wondering why my mom even bothered to cook rice...HAHA.


The aftermath of tossing...and still left so much lor...heh

Breaded Pork fillet! Yummy!

Fish seasoned with tumeric, for that beautiful yellow colour!

This fish was very very nice...the yellow comes from tumeric, and makes it look so appetizing! Heehee...love this dish. The fish was frozen fish from Vietnam I think...and even after all that travelling and being frozen, it still tasted great! Still very fresh you know! I love fish!


Beef Stew!

This was Mom's creation. She loves using her Magic Cooker lah. It is this pot that allows you to keep stuff hot for AGES. And because it is so insulative in nature, you can use it to slow cook stuff and it becomes super tender. This stew at beef cubes, and tender bits from other...ahem...areas of our wonder bovine friend. Of course there were also the usual vegetables like carrots and potatos that totally absorbed all the flavour from the beef...gosh...talk about heaven. Heh...

琵琶豆腐(Pipa Tofu)

I think I got the name right. I am not too sure. The pipa is a Chinese musical instrument, and I have NO IDEA what has that got to do with this dish lah...I only know one thing...it is freaking delicious! Apparently, the last time my dad made this dish was when my brother was one year old. Amazing...it's made from pork, tofu, finely chopped carrots, spring onions and pepper.

Basically, you mash and mix everything up and season to taste. Then you make little dumplings/balls/whatever you want to call them, and deep-fry them slowly in oil. Once the skin is golden brown, pick them up and leave them to rest on a paper towel. Serve with dipping condiment fo your choice..(but I am told there is a SPECIFIC sauce for this dish though).

Here are more pics of the 琵琶豆腐(Pipa Tofu)!!!



On a bed of rice...


Covered in tartar-esque dip...mmmm....

So much for the dip...it tastes just as good without any though..hahahaha

Lunch was great today. I brought some of the food for the guys in school...but poor Fifi couldn't eat the tofu because of the freaking BABI! Argh! Nevermind ok? I make AYAM version for you next time! ^_^ I will go and ask my dad how to make! Heh..

=================================================================

I am not very sure why I am so snappy. And I am sorry for directing so much of whatever I am feeling at you. Will go and reflect and give you a proper answer.

Sorry...

No comments: