Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A 5-Hour Holiday in Vivocity

Studying can be a bore, and when one is bored, one should give oneself a break and fill one's time with meaningful activities like....

SHOPPING!!!

Dan and I popped down to Vivocity for a good 5 hours of shopping and walking around exploring almost every nook and cranny carefully and discerningly. Here are some pictures taken with my terrible VGA camera phone, but still good enough to tell a story. ^_^

This bar of chcolate accompanied us during the initial leg of our 'expedition'. It cost me SGD$2.00 and tasted freaking good! It's called Coconut Slab, and the dessicated coconut mixed throughout the bar of milk chocolate was EXCELLENT. Dan even said it was a "what heaven tastes like". Hahaha...perfect way to kick start a walk throught Vivocity which is fairly extensive, especially after my lower body is still aching from the squats I did in the gym yesterday. =P

One of the pretty Christmas trees inside Vivocity! A fairly pleasant sight. I feel the trees are pretty well decorated and quite tasteful. They have the traditonal feel to them, like those which we see on TV of them highly Westernized forms of Christmas. Nice lah...better than trying to put weird things like handphones, or clowns or tyres.


The changing rooms in Topman are quite cool actually...looks very graphic/retro right? Took a picture while waiting for Dan to try on a super nice shirt that was too expensive for either of us. Sigh..I wanna start working soon, so that can buy nice things. Sianz...clothes are SOOO expensive. Grrrr...

This very COLOURFUL jersey/sweater thing from Tommy Hilfiger looks super nice right? Of course I doubt I could ever carry it off...but some of the jerseys there were super nice lah...alas, the price of one could buy me like a third of a PS3 lah...so they were a big no-no for me. Ah well...reminds me that I need to start working soon, so that I can buy nice things for myself. Heh.

We had dinner at Carl's Junior, and this was my FIRST TIME having the decadent thing. I had a Guacamole Bacon Cheeseburger! It was superb, though I really felt like puking towards the end. The portion is really TOO much already, and though extremely tasty, I sure felt like I had to visit the confession booth (and I'm not even Catholic!).

All the while, I was thinking about how I was SUPPOSED to be in the gym with HX and Vi...hahaha...ah well, it was a good first experience, but I doubt I will be eating there anytime soon. Really too fattening liao...hahaha. Body systems can totally crash because of this lah...and I can say that their burgers put all other burgers to shame.

Somehow, I was reminded of the documentary Supersize Me, and then when I looked at the burger in my hands, I felt slightly scared. Hahaha...ah well, just ONCE! No more!


Of course, we mustn't forget the wonderful Chilli Fries which tasted slightly Indian...wow...never knew fries could taste like that. Heh. Please look at the next picture for the aftermath of our Carl's Junior dinner.


You see that big box on the left? That was where the Chilli Fries were... And you see that big ball of paper sticking out from the fries box on the right? That's how much paper had to be used to wrap my burger. Gross right? But tasted good man...hahaha.

I was telling Dan how sinful I felt. Dan suddenly burst out with a "Holy Guacamole!" and I quickly followed with a "that's far from HOLY!!!", and we both just laughed with the full knowledge of the heavy sin we carried within our bellies. I pray nothing bursts forth from my stomach during the night. =P

After dinner, we just walked around abit more, and explored a few more shops. I think we managed to step into every shop that had clothes or stuff for men, so that's not too bad. Dan had a field day with shopping...he both new clothes and I think he fairly pleased with himself. I just bought a pink top, and that was that. I'm going to wait for the Isetan Private Sale on the 28th...those whom I have invited, you know who you are. If you have not been invited...hmmm...wait lor..maybe I will ask you if there are enough tickets.


This was the last photo I took for our short 'holiday' from studying - the tree at Harbourfront Centre. It was full of bears. Dan commented that bears on top look slightly scared, and the ones below looked like they were complaining how they will never be on top. Ah well...that's Dan for u...he can talk to soft toys. Wish I could do that...(actually, sometimes I can also...heehee)

Anyway, back to studying for my PS1101E paper on Friday! I want exams to be over! Argh!

========================================================================
Some random pictures taken from my room in Depot:



These were taken in the early morning, at around 7am?


Pretty, grey skies...just before the rain, so the weather was cool - excellent for sleeping! ^_^

No comments: